Virtual World Tournament Rules: are set out here on this page and work as a supplement to the WOMAA rules book. Our chief governing rules body is the World Organization of Martial Arts Athletes (WOMAA). Please note that the Virtual World Tournament rules posted here supersede all others. The judges are not anonymous, you will see your judges picture, name and country on your score form. These judges are certifide to judge the divisions in which they were appointed.
Elimination results: are announced in a pdf file on this website's home page in the download section and in the Facebook group plus a notification is sent by individual email to the top 3 place winners of each division.
Wild Card: There will be 4 Wild Cards in BattleStar Open. The WILD CARD is a competitor that didn't take a 1st place that is given a second chance, selected by the board of directors for a seat straight through to the Live Show finals of a tournament. This is the option of the promoter and will be announced in each tournament. Competitors that didn't take a qualifying first place win but placed second or third will be eligible selected by the board to be given a second chance with a birth straight to the finals.
LIVE SHOW: This is the grand championship finals online for the Virtual World Tournament. Winners compete for the title, Cash and Prizes. Streaming World-wide. There is NO CHARGE for competition in the LIVE SHOW finals. A link will be posted. October 2021
Awards and Prizes: will be sent by airmail following the finals event. Cash prize will be sent electronically to the bank account you specify after being declared winner. A certificate of the World Title will be sent electronically by email. Specific competition directions will be given to the winners before the final competition. You must be available on the finals date and time to perform by logging into the live video platform from your location. Late appearances will be disqualified. This will be a certified world title by our sanctioning organizations.
Judges: Certified International Judges that are qualified for each specific division will be selected by the board of directors for the Virtual World Tournament eliminations. Judges will give two scores (Technical and Athletic) PLUS COMMENTS on each competitor's score form! All judging will be online with the ability of a rewind/playback option. Judges will be paid a salary. To qualify as a judge for this historic event, interested black belts, with proper qualifications may contact us or apply to be a judge at the bottom of the registration page.
Virtual World Tournaments Double Scoring System:
1) Technical Score - This applies in all divisions, and most importantly in the specific traditional divisions such as Karate, regarding whether the competitor did the traditional form correctly. This scoring further grades whether the techniques were properly executed, on target, etc., using adequate blocks and strikes. In grading the open or extreme divisions the judge will decide if the form followed a logical sequence, theory and purpose.
2) Athletic Score - This will reflect the experts opinion of the competitor's physical/mental ability displayed in the form consisting of power, speed, focus, balance, and overall clean movements.
Scores in both Technical and Athletic are composed of two parts: a whole number 5-10, (5 is poor performance, 6 below average, 7 average, 8 good, 9 excellent, 10 perfection) plus the added decimal places .0 -.9.
Good luck and start preparing for the next Virtual World Tournament (See the Schedule page). Get your videos ready to upload and submit to the international review board with your registration for approval before they are submitted to the judges of your division. Be a part of history, get professional feedback comments to improve your forms and go for an international title in your selected divisions.
Martial Arts Virtual World Tournaments - Simply The Best!
1) You MUST SHOW A NAME CARD. Create a sign with 1) Your Name, 2) BattleStar Open, and 3) The current date. NO other information may be displayed. The name card may be displayed on a phone/tablet graphic, hand or computer-printed sign. This sign must be at the beginning of your video with no editing. Without a proper name sign your video will not be approved. Judges MUST be able to read the name sign.
2) Optional: Announce your name, Virtual World Tournaments Division, and Date, form name (optional) before starting your form. Nothing else.
3) There can be no breaks, edits in the track or the video will be rejected.
4) No text or graphics are permitted in the video.
5) No background advertisements or company logos. A plain wall is best, but not required. Try to remove excess clutter, ie: toys food, etc. for a clean background. Outdoor shots are also good but with no distracting elements. Shoes may be worn if absolutely necessary outdoors.
6) No tournament videos are permitted. No videos from any other event. This is for a world title so please be precise and submit them early.
7) Videos should be of the highest possible quality. Clean, no background noise, no audience comments or applause. A good cell phone is sufficient to record your forms. They should be filmed from a front angle close up without cutting off feet, hands or head of the competitor. No change of speed or other edits are permitted.
8) Music is permitted as an option in the Open and Extreme divisions only and it must be in time with the form. No background music is permitted.
9) Once you register and submit your videos there are no changes permitted, except for 1 replacement video - 1 time by the deadline, 1 video per registration may be submitted by email with link, division and competitor's name listed. You will not lose your lineup position.
10) Individual Video times as a general guideline should be at least 30 seconds to around 3:30 minutes in length and contain only 1 form.
11) Must submit 1 primary and 1 backup video (in case of a tie). Backup videos for brown and black belts must be a different form with the exception of weapons and extreme events which may be the same form. In the event of a second tie, the high score is discarded. No hidden or secret formulas are used to determine placing.
1) Competitors must wear a traditional Martial Arts uniform that are accepted by their style. Uniform should be clean and neat in appearance.
2) When a division reaches 16 competitor entries it will be divided in half first by sex then age or belt.
3) Line up order will be determined by latest entries being judged first.
4) This is a Martial Arts International Event. Competitors/parents/coaches must be disciplined, respectful and abide by these rules of competition or the competitor will be disqualified.
By definition the divisions of Korean (all styles), Karate (Japanese/Okinawan - all styles), Kenpo/Kempo (all styles), and Chinese Forms (all styles) will use historically created forms/patterns/kata. These are generally not modified.
You may enter more than one event that you qualify for using different forms and may NOT use the same form and video repeated in other events and you must comply to the rules of each event. No membership is required to compete in any event/division. Brown & Black Belts MUST select a different form as a back up form in the empty-hand forms events. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
This is one of the main Martial Arts events for all styles and associations, regardless if you study Tang Soo Do, Jidokwan, Kenpo, Isshinryu, Kung Fu/Wushu, etc. or any other styles that have forms for competition. Forms may be also created, or modified. Do NOT use the same form/video from other divisions. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not as background music. NO acrobatics (flips, etc.) nor extreme movements are permitted in this event. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
This extreme / tricking division is for the more advanced Martial Arts competitors. The competitor may use safe acrobatics as long as they are combined with Martial Arts techniques showing defensive and offensive strikes and blocks and not all acrobatics, flips, etc.. The competitor must wear a Martial Art uniform. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
1) Traditional Martial Art Weapon Forms must be safe, with no sharp weapons or dangerous moves. Open to any style. These must be authentic oriental hand tool class weapons and not fake or extreme weapons, ie; NO pencil bo, plastic nunchaku, designer kama, and no shiny foil coverings, etc. A traditional bo should be no less than 1 inch in diameter at the middle with a slight tappering allowed. Exception: A child (12 yrs & under) may use the lighter pencil bo without the colorful foil covering. The form must be traditional in basic theory. No acrobatics, juggling nor releasing the weapon or any extreme movements of the body or weapon are permitted in this division as that are not deemed traditional in nature. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
2) Open Martial Art Weapon Forms - These may be creative or modified forms without any acrobatics or extreme moves of the body or the weapon! Minor releases (Those less than 1 meter) not exceeding 2 releases per form. These forms are usually created for competition only. NOTE: Traditional forms are NOT used in this division, please see the Traditional Martial Arts Weapons division. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. Only safe Martial Arts weapons are permitted, no sharp or live bladed weapons. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
3) Extreme Martial Art Weapon Forms - This event is for the more advanced competitor to show extra ability yet still maintain Martial Arts techniques throughout the form. Safe acrobatics and releases are allowed in the extreme division. NOTE: As a 9th-degree weapons master, it is K. Krystoff's goal with the Virtual World Tournaments to see the Extreme Weapons division become more Martial Arts oriented on an international level than what it is today! We appreciate the skill and talent it takes to do things like toss a bo or other weapon, then spin 4 times and catch it. However, that is not practical in Martial Arts self-defense. We would like to encourage the competitors to put their talents into making sure whatever tricks that are performed are combined with strikes and blocks! While we will not deduct points if a competitor performs things like a big release, spin and catch, we want you to understand that we are not giving extra points if you do! We are looking at what you are doing in the way of Martial Arts moves and not "baton twirling." The form should be 30 seconds to 3:00 minutes in length as a general guideline, containing one form. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. Please remember this is a certified Martial Arts divsion and different from other tournaments that may offer only extreme forms. This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
Do not submit a video with a dropped weapon or hitting an object or wall as it will be disqualified.
1) Team Kata/form or weapon form is a synchronized form with a minimum of 2 competitors and a maximum of 8. It should be 7 minutes or less as a general guideline including the optional Bunkai (showing application) and contain only 1 form.
2) The team captain will register and pay for this event would be eligible for a medal if the team places in the top 3 positions.
3) Music is optional in the division, as long as the movements are timed to the music and not just background.
4) Competitors may only be on 1 team in this event.
5) Please submit a team picture to virtualworldchamps @ gmail.com
6) Please declare your team name in the comments section of the registration form when you enter.
This is a qualifying event for the Live Show Finals.
1) Shadowboxing - submit 2 different videos (1 primary and 1 as a back up in case of a tie score). A time limit of 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. A single competitor will display their abilities of speed and power in combinations in both offense and defense. Shadow boxers may wear Marital Arts pants, belt or Muay Thai pants. Tops are optional. Please see the event description on the Events page for more information.
2) Heavy Bag / Mitt Workout - submit 2 different videos (1 primary and 1 as a back up in case of a tie score). A time limit of 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. The competitor must select either heavy bag or mitt work (using a trainer) . The competitor may wear Marital Arts pants, belt or Muay Thai pants. Competitor must show correct techniques, with effective combinations, speed and power. Please see the event description on the Events page for more information.
Self-defense Routines – 1 defender will demonstrate defense against 1 to 3 attackers. Attackers may use holds, strikes, safe or fake weapons and attack multiple times. Time limit is 3 minutes or less. The defender must show their Name Card at the beginning of the routine and may state their name. Only 1 full routine per video. Upload a back up video using different defenses in the case of a tie in points. For all ages and ranks.
This fun event is for persons of special needs, ie; wheel chair, limited abilities, etc. Please write to us for clarification to see if you qualify. This is a paid division for medals and open for all ages and ranks.
Copyright © 2020 Martial Arts Virtual World Tournaments - All Rights Reserved.