Martial Arts Virtual World Championships
Updated Rules for Series C, Run-offs and Live Show.
Division Rules: Rules for the series are set out here on this page and should not be confused with other associations or their division names. The governing body of the World Organization of Martial Arts Athletes (WOMAA) is used as an extra guideline. Specific rules for Traditional Kata divisions: World Karate Federation (WKF) rules are used as a guideline. The judges are not anonymous. You will know exactly who your judges were in the Virtual World Championships with the presentation of your individual judges score forms. These judges are certifide to judge the divisions in which they were appointed.
Elimination results: are announced on this website on the home page in the download section, in the Facebook group and by individual email sent to the top 3 place winners. Every qualifying first place divisional winner in the 3 elimination series will advance to the Run-Offs on 12 September.
Best of the Best: Aired on 1 July at 22:00 London / 17:00 New York time LIVE - The top 4 Series B competitors (one from each of these categories): 1) 12yrs & under, 2) 13-17yrs and 3) 18yrs+ will perform for the super prize: a Drone Aircraft & world certificate to determine who is the Best of the Best. This gave everyone a small taste of the super LIVE SHOW finals coming 3 October. Next Best of the Best is in September. This will be a FREE entry with no charge.
Wild Card: There will be a WILD CARD draw for a seat straight through to the Live Show from all 3 series! Three competitors that didn't take a qualifying first place win but took second or third place will be selected by the board to be given a second chance with a birth staight to the finals.
Run-Offs: All elimination winners are invited to compete again for FREE in the Run-Offs on Saturday, 12 September. Top 2 competitors in each division of the Run-Offs will advance forward to the Live Show finals.
LIVE SHOW: This is the grand championship finals online for the Virtual World Championships on Saturday, 3 October. Winners compete for the Beautiful Custom Golden Jewelled Crowns, Cash and Prizes. Streaming World-wide Saturday 19:30 London Time, 3 October 2020 from their locations. There is NO CHARGE for competition in the Run-Offs or LIVE SHOW finals. A link will be posted.
Awards and Prizes: will be sent by airmail following the finals event. Cash prize will be sent electronically to the bank account you specify after being declared winner. A certificate of the World Title will be sent electronically by email. Specific competition directions will be given to the winners before the final competition. You must be available on the finals date and time to perform by logging into the live video platform from your location. Late appearances will be disqualified. This will be a certified world title by our sanctioning organizations.
Judges: 3 Certified International Judges that are qualified for each specific division will be selected by the board of directors for the Virtual World Championships eliminations. Judges will give two scores (Technical and Athletic) PLUS GIVE COMMENTS on each competitor's form! All judging will be online with the ability of a rewind/playback option. Only the Finals will be have live scoring by 10 Certified International Judges. Judges will be paid a salary. To qualify as a judge for this historic event, interested black belts, with proper qualifications may contact us.
Virtual World Championships Double Scoring System:
1) Technical Score - This applies in all divisions, and most importantly in the specific traditional divisions such as WKF, regarding whether the competitor did the form correctly. This scoring further grades whether the techniques were properly executed, on target, etc., using adequate blocks and strikes. In grading the open or extreme divisions the judge will decide if the form followed a logical sequence, theory and purpose.
2) Athletic Score - This will reflect the experts opinion of the competitor's physical/mental ability displayed in the form consisting of power, speed, focus, balance, and overall clean movements.
Scores in both Technical and Athletic are composed of two parts: a whole number 5-10, (5 is poor performance, 6 below average, 7 average, 8 good, 9 excellent, 10 perfection) plus the added decimal places .0 -.9.
Good luck and start working now on your videos to upload and submit to the international review board with your registration for approval before they are submitted to the judges of your division. Be a part of history, get professional feedback comments to improve your forms and go for an international title in your selected divisions. We hope you make it to the run-offs and qualify for the LIVE SHOW for the Virtual World Championships on 3 October 2020. Compete in 1 - 3 of the series to try and qualify for a position.
Martial Arts Virtual World Championships - Simply The Best.
1) Your video must be current, created for Series C in 07.2020 or after. You MUST SHOW A NAME CARD: Name, Virtual World Championships and the date the form was filmed, NO other information may be displayed. May be hand or computer printed. The name card must be at the beginning of your video with no editing. Without a proper name card your video will not be approved. Must be able to read the card.
2) Optional: Announce your name, Virtual World Champs Division, and Date, form name (optional) before starting your form. Nothing else.
3) There can be no breaks, edits in the track or the video will be rejected.
4) No text or graphics are permitted in the video.
5) No background advertisements or company logos. A plain wall is best, but not required. Try to remove excess clutter, ie: toys food, etc. for a clean background. Outdoor shots are also good but with no distracting elements. Shoes may be worn if absolutely necessary outdoors.
6) No tournament videos are permitted. No videos from any other event. This is for a world title so please be precise and submit them early.
7) Videos should be of the highest possible quality. Clean, no background noise, no audience comments or applause. A good cell phone is sufficient to record your forms. They should be filmed from a front angle close up without cutting off feet, hands or head of the competitor. No change of speed or other edits are permitted.
8) Music is permitted as an option in the Open and Extreme divisions only and it must be in time with the form. No background music is permitted.
9) Once you register and submit your videos there are no changes permitted, except for 1 replacement video - 1 time by the deadline, 1 video per registration may be submitted by email with link, division and competitor's name listed. You will not lose your lineup position.
10) Individual Video times as a general guideline should be at least 30 seconds to around 3:30 minutes in length and contain only 1 form.
11) You must disable comments & Likes on the YouTube video uploads until after judging is completed. Please keep them UNLISTED until after scoring is completed and Do Not Remove the Videos or change their viewing status from unlisted until after judging and they are posted in the Winners Circle on our official YouTube Channel or you can be disqualified.
12) Must submit 1 primary and 1 backup video (in case of a tie). Backup videos for brown and black belts must be a different form with the exception of weapons and extreme events which may be the same form. In the event of a second tie, the high score is discarded. No hidden or secret formulas are used to determine placing.
1) Competitors must wear a traditional Martial Arts uniform that are accepted by their style. Uniform should be clean and neat in appearance.
2) When a division reaches 16 competitor entries it will be divided in half first by sex then age or belt.
3) Line up order will be determined by latest entries being judged first.
4) This is a Martial Arts International Event. Competitors/parents/coaches must be disciplined, respectful and abide by these rules of competition or the competitor will be disqualified.
Specific association divisions such as WKF, should follow those regulations as a general guideline and apply these virtual rules where applicable. You may enter more than one event that you qualify for using different forms and not use the same form repeated in other events and you must comply to the rules of each event. No membership is required to compete in any division. Brown & Black Belts should select a different form as a back up form.
This is one of the main Martial Arts events for all styles and associations, regardless if you study Tang Soo Do, Jidokwan, Kenpo, Isshinryu, Kung Fu/Wushu, etc. or any other styles that have forms for competition. Forms may be also created, or modified. Do NOT use the same form/video from other divisions. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not as background music. NO acrobatics (flips, etc.) nor extreme movements are permitted in this event. 1st place winners in any of the 3 series will advance to the run-offs in September for the Live Show at the Virtual World Championships Final on 3rd October 2020 and compete for the Jewelled Crowns, Cash and Prizes.
This extreme / tricking division is for the more advanced Martial Arts competitors. The competitor may use safe acrobatics as long as they are combined with Martial Arts techniques showing defensive and offensive strikes and blocks and not all acrobatics, flips, etc.. The competitor must wear a Martial Art uniform. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. 1st place winners in any of the 3 series will advance to the run-offs in September for the Live Show at the Virtual World Championships Final on 3rd October 2020 and compete for the Jewelled Crowns and Cash prizes.
1) Traditional Martial Art Weapon Forms must be safe, with no sharp weapons or dangerous moves. Open to any style. These must be authentic oriental hand tool class weapons and not fake or extreme weapons, ie; NO pencil bo, plastic nunchaku, designer kama, and no shiny foil coverings, etc. A child (12 yrs & under) may use the lighter tapered bo without the colorful foil. The form must be traditional in basic theory. No acrobatics, juggling nor releasing the weapon or any extreme movements of the body or weapon are permitted in this division as that are not deemed traditional in nature.
2) Open Martial Art Weapon Forms - Updated for Series C and beyond. Winners from past series must conform to these updated rules. These may be creative or modified forms without any acrobatics or extreme moves of the body or the weapon (no releases)! These forms are usually created for competition only. NOTE: Traditional forms are NOT used in this division, please see the Traditional Martial Arts Weapons division. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. Only safe Martial Arts weapons are permitted, no sharp or live bladed weapons.
3) Extreme Martial Art Weapon Forms - Updated for Series C and beyond. Winners from past series must conform to these updated rules. This event for the more advanced competitor to show extra ability yet still maintain Martial Arts techniques throughout the form. Safe acrobatics and releases are allowed in the extreme division. NOTE: As a 9th degree weapons master, it is K. Krystoff's goal with the VWC to see the Extreme Weapons division become more Martial Arts oriented on an international level than what it is today! We appreciate the skill and talent it takes to do things like toss a bo or other weapon, then spin 4 times and catch it. However, that is not practical in Martial Arts self defense. We would like to encourage the competitors to put their talents into making sure whatever tricks that are performed are combined with strikes and blocks! While we will not deduct points if a competitor performs things like a release, spin and catch, we want you to understand that we are not giving extra points if you do! We are looking at what you are doing in the way of Martial Arts moves and not "baton twirling." The form should be 30 seconds to 3:00 minutes in length as a general guideline, containing one form. Music is optional as long as the form is done to the music and not just background music. Please remember this is a certified Martial Arts divsion and different from other tournaments that may offer only extreme forms.
Do not film a form with a dropped weapon or hitting an object/wall as it will be disqualified.
1) Team Kata is a synchronized form with a minimum of 2 competitors and a maximum of 8. It should be 7 minutes or less as a general guideline including the optional Bunkai (showing application) and contain only 1 form.
2) The team captain will register and pay for this event would be eligible for a medal if the team places in the top 3 positions.
3) Music is optional in the division, as long as the movements are timed to the music and not just background.
4) Competitors may only be on 1 team in this event.
5) Please submit a team picture to virtualworldchamps @ gmail.com
6) Please declare your team name in the comments section of the registration form when you enter.
1) Shadowboxing - submit 2 different videos (1 primary and 1 as a back up in case of a tie score). A time limit of 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. A single competitor will display their abilities of speed and power in combinations in both offense and defense. Shadow boxers may wear Marital Arts pants, belt or Muay Thai pants. Tops are optional. Please see the event description on the Events page for more information.
2) Heavy Bag / Mitt Workout - submit 2 different videos (1 primary and 1 as a back up in case of a tie score). A time limit of 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. The competitor must select either heavy bag or mitt work (using a trainer) . The competitor may wear Marital Arts pants, belt or Muay Thai pants. Competitor must show correct techniques, with effective combinations, speed and power. Please see the event description on the Events page for more information.
Self-defense Routines – 1 defender will demonstrate defense against 1 to 3 attackers. Attackers may use holds, strikes, safe or fake weapons and attack multiple times. Time limit is 3 minutes or less. The defender must show their Name Card at the beginning of the routine and may state their name. Only 1 full routine per video. Upload a back up video using different defenses in the case of a tie in points. For all ages and ranks.
This fun event is for persons of special needs, ie; wheel chair, limited abilities, etc. Please write to us for clarification to see if you qualify. There will be no charge for this division. This free division and winners qualify for the Run-Offs to go to the Live Show finals in 3.10.2020.
The Kids Open Forms is a fun, Free (no charge) division only for youth ages 12 yrs and under, all ranks, all styles, M/F. This division is for a competitor that cannot afford to compete in the medal eliminations/finals rounds. Awards: 1,2,3 place World Championships certificates will be sent by email at conclusion of each series. This division does not qualify for the Live Show. A paying competitor cannot enter this division.
Copyright © 2020 Martial Arts Virtual World Championships - All Rights Reserved.